Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sept., 9, 2009

Was a good day. I did not sleep tru night so had trouble getting up at 5:30 to go to gym. Easy does it. I did take a short fast power walk to start the day off right in the time I had. Will try to get up tomorrow to make the gym and will walk again this evening. Busy day at school but managed to eat proper diet. Yougurt for breakfast eaten while meeting with other teacher in AM. Salad with small an,ount of swiss cheese and turkey, grapes and v-8 in lunch box for the day. Two waters downed during day and a few pretzels. Did have a glass of red wine and a single slice of low fat cheese when I came home. Hope to behave for rest of evening and not eating too much, small portions for dinner.

This week-end I go to see son in NY . He graduated from college in May and started school at the French Culinary Institute in SOHO. We will go to L'Ecole, the restaurant of the school for dinner. Has great reviews and he is loving the school. We are foodies in this family and my son has always wanted to be a chef. He and I have birthdays together next week so it will be a celebration. He will be 24 me 53. Trying to be careful so I may eat a little then.

I know I might not lose this week but know I have done better. Also know I always have to easy into exercise and the second week I tend to hit it harder. I walk first, then get to the club, and final work hard at it once I am there a week or so it becomes routine. It's just so hard getting started and hard to go inside a club when it is nice outside.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! I hope that one of my kids (when I have them) grows up to be a chef -- that would be a dream come true.

    Enjoy your wonderful dinner. There's got to be some room in a healthy lifestyle for great food at a great restaurant every once in a while. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food really was great. We did a wine pairing with it so all of us were tasting different wines with our chosen dishes. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete